IS AYURVEDIC TREATMENT EFFECTIVE FOR CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS? GET THE RIGHT ANSWERS HERE.
Cervical Spondylosis Ayurvedic Treatment – We have been taught about maintaining a good posture repeatedly during our childhood. Leaning over to watch the television or bending down to study, contributed to our current bad habits because we didn’t tend to listen. We did not understand the meaning of it until something/someone made us understand it.
It may be some injury, some life coach or a strict person, or it could be a disease. One of the common diseases related to back problems, spondylitis, is what we will talk about today. But before we start, have you seen old people tie a plaster around their neck?
Those are either worn because of the fragile condition of the patient or because of cervical spondylosis, a disease often confused with spondylitis.
With great advancements in chemical and natural medication, there are many ways to treat and bear with the disease. Cervical Spondylosis ayurvedic treatment is one of the best reliefs that Ayurveda could provide to us. Let us know about everything in detail.
WHAT IS SPONDYLITIS?
Spondylitis, medically termed as Ankylosing Spondylitis, is caused due to inflammation in the vertebrae of the spinal cord. It is a chronic inflammatory disease, similar to arthritis. The inflammation in the vertebrates of our backbone becomes non-functional, making the spine rigid. It hinders the flexible movement of the spine, causing pain and other symptoms when done otherwise.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SPONDYLOSIS AND SPONDYLITIS?
- Spondylosis – It is caused due to the wear and tear of cartilages and muscles between the vertebrates. It is degenerative.
- Spondylitis – However, this is caused due to inflammation in the spinal vertebrates.
WHICH ONE IS DANGEROUS – SPONDYLITIS OR SPONDYLOSIS?
Spondylosis is caused due to wear and tear of tissues around the vertebrates leading to intervertebral disc degeneration. This disease is often subject to the ageing process of humans. The tissues wear and tear with time, leading to the diagnosis of spondylosis which may also lead to the occurrence of osteoarthritis.
However, spondylitis is not bound by the ageing factor. The disease is caused due to inflammation, that is, due to our immune system. Here, the immune system does not have foreign invaders to fight off, so they start acting like regular tissues being infected, which unusually gets pretty serious.
HOW IS SPONDYLOSIS CAUSED?
Spondylosis is a disease caused due to the natural phenomenon of ageing and/or genetics. The disease results in the wear and tear of the spinal vertebrates, causing rigidity in the spine. This process is not restricted to one vertebra, rather, it keeps on spreading and affecting the vertebrates. It is commonly misinterpreted to be spondylitis while both of them have nothing similar to the sound of their names.
WHAT IS CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS?
In layman’s language, neck arthritis is popularly known as cervical spondylosis. The wear and tear of the tissues in the cervical region, i.e. the neck leads to the cause of this disease. Cervical spondylosis is often a result of the ageing process where the muscles tend to go weak and tissues tear apart affecting the intervertebral disc. It is a very common disease, affecting more than 80 per cent of people.
What Causes Cervical Spondylosis?
One of the main causes of cervical spondylosis is the ageing process.
- Ageing – The tissues and muscles with time, which then results in wear and tear of the muscles in the vertebrates.
- Neck Injuries – Severe neck injuries lead to an increase in the occurrence of this disease.
- Genetics – It is a huge factor in getting diseases when you have it in your genetics.
- Smoking – It has been seen that smoking causes severe neck pains, resulting in related diseases.
WHAT ARE THE TREATMENTS TO CURE CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS?
The main treatments to cure cervical spondylosis are
- Ayurvedic Treatment – Ayurvedic treatment for cervical spondylosis is one of the underrated treatments, helping in curing the disease with great success rates. Ayurveda uses a holistic approach for its treatments, that is, it believes in creating a proper balance between the body, mind and soul to uproot the disease from its roots. The ayurvedic medicines for cervical spondylosis consist of ingredients like ashwagandha, Shatavari, Shankha Bhasma, Sarpagandha etc. with rich nutritional properties that will not only help us cure spondylosis but will act as a whole body detox for us.
- Physical therapy – It is one of the most common and foremost treatments that is advised to the patients. There are specific exercises for each part of our body. These exercises help in strengthening the muscles and stretching the strained or problematic muscles as well. The therapy is a long procedure where daily exercises and signs of progress are noted and worked upon. This treatment allows the muscles to gain their strengths gradually with time.
- Soft Cervical Collar – This treatment lasts for a short time, allowing the neck muscles to rest and regain their strengths. It is the padded collar-like plaster that is wrapped around the neck to reduce neck movements and provide rest.
- Surgery – This is the least common treatment which is only used when the spinal cord is in danger. Surgeries are often conducted when the spinal cord is being compressed or stuck between the discs of the vertebrates.
Cervical Spondylosis is a disease related to our neck. The wearing and tearing of the intervertebral discs lead to constant pain and stiffness in the neck, reducing neck movements. This disease is also known as neck arthritis.
Ayurveda is an ancient practice that treats the body, mind and soul of people more than their mere wounds. Cervical Spondylosis Ayurvedic Treatment is the best, to get an holistic approach, provided with nutrient-rich ayurvedic medicines. These medicines have to be taken regularly, which will then help in relaxing the muscles and strengthening them to move.
Also, Ayurveda connects us to our roots which we must never forget. Try the ayurvedic treatments for yourself and you’ll know!