STUCK WITH CERVICAL VERTIGO? HERE ARE THE TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU WITH A SPEEDY RECOVERY
Cervical Vertigo – Gen Z already has memes about feeling dizzy because of a hundred reasons. Iron deficiency, cervical vertigo, and whatnot. Speaking of feeling dizzy, I do not think you would prefer feeling like you went on a tour of the solar system while being on Earth.
WHAT IS CERVICAL VERTIGO?
Cervical vertigo or cervicogenic dizziness is a condition related to the neck where an individual feels like they’re spinning or their surroundings are spinning.
CAUSES OF CERVICAL VERTIGO
- The neck might become hard or stiff for several reasons and that would result in blockage of arteries that acts as a barrier to blood flow and might cause issues further.
- Spondylosis might be another reason. It would also cause issues like dizziness.
- Degeneration of disks or muscles in the neck region also adds to it.
- Any harm to receptors or nerves in the neck region disrupts the system which is used for accepting the signals from the brain.
SYMPTOMS OF CERVICAL VERTIGO
Most cervical Vertigo symptoms are common among most people.
- Issues balancing while walking, running, etc.
- Neck pain
HOW TO DIAGNOSE CERVICAL VERTIGO
Cervical vertigo could be diagnosed with a medical examination and other scans or tests which the doctor deems fit.
LET US TALK ABOUT SOLVING THE PROBLEM
Do not worry, we have got you covered if everything listed above sounded a little or relatable. Even if you do not have cervical vertigo some of these tips might help you prevent it.
- Find the cause – Cervical vertigo more than often has an underlying cause. As mentioned above, any harm internally caused in the neck region is an issue. Hence, working on the root cause should be your aim.
For example, spondylosis is one of the most common causes which is caused due to the wear and tear of vertebrae or muscles.
- Work on the cause – After finding the problem, you should work on minimizing its effects or improving the effects to reduce your symptoms.
For example, spondylosis has several ways of treatment of improvement from self-care to surgeries and you could choose the most suitable with help from a medical professional.
- Self-care goes a long way – Self-care rituals like warm or cold compresses in the neck region could help with any underlying cause leading to cervical vertigo.
Self-care also includes eating right and healthy. All of this linked and the pizza you ate would not be as beneficial as the bitter gourd you rejected for that. Maintaining a healthy balance is important for a good and long life.
- Good Night – Reducing stress has also proved to be beneficial with cervical vertigo as mental health affects all over your body. Sleep could prove to be a time well spent rather than time wasted as it does relax your body and mind and might cause relief.
- Leave your bed a little – As we talked about finding ways, exercising could be your first step. Exercises related to stretching and then relaxing the neck and shoulders region help strengthen the core and improve such conditions.
By stretching and relaxing the muscles using several exercises like neck bending, neck turning, and rotation, wear, and tear of the neck region could improve. Some common exercise that you could do in your home are:
- Neck stretch
- Neck bending
- Neck turning
- Correcting your posture and several related exercises.
- Sit straight, please – There is no denying that the last point mentioned above could prove to be a blessing if followed diligently. Neck or back-related issues are always linked to your poster. In which posture do you sit, stand, walk, etc.
If you slowly start working on your posture, you will in turn stop any further damage from happening.
- Go to a doctor – Everything mentioned above could be for a minor-issues or could help you long term with consistency but in the end, cervical vertigo is a medical condition that requires a doctor’s opinion.
The doctor would recommend some medication or a whole treatment chart to help you along with the exercises.
- Medication – The doctor might prescribe some basic medication like steroids, pain killers (ibuprofen), muscle relaxants, or medication for anti-dizziness.
Above mentioned medication helps with any present pain in the neck and the shoulders region, stiffness due to which arteries are harmed causing issues like cervical vertigo and not feeling dizzy or getting the spinning feeling.
Tips could go on and on but the ones mentioned above are easy to follow and something you could be consistent with. The exercises are not too extreme nor are self-care habits you should incorporate.
Most if not all mentioned tips could be followed for leading a healthy life, with or without suffering from cervical vertigo.