Diet in cervical is very important it really helps to cure the disease faster. The diseases in the human body can be managed by taking proper medication. Diet and lifestyle modification help to manage the symptoms to a major extent.
In cervical diseases, the various foods should be consumed and avoided respectively. Foods that have omega-3-fatty acids are highly beneficial as they are rich in anti-inflammatory properties. Foods like fish and salmon are very beneficial.
Limit the use of alcohol. Alcohol in any form has harmful effects on the body. It expels out the calcium and magnesium from the body. It weakens the bones and makes them fragile.
Avoid smoking as it decreases bone density and makes it weak. Use high calcium-containing foods that help to maintain the calcium in the body.
Vitamin D should also be taken in the diet as it helps to synthesis calcium internally.
Magnesium is necessary for bone health. Foods like nuts, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables contain high magnesium content. Add anti-oxidants and fiber-rich foods to the diet. It helps to relieve the pain and reduce swelling.
Foods Or Products To Be Avoid While Doing Diet In Cervical :
Packed meals, frozen foods, or processed meals are not suitable for cervical patients. It tends to increase inflammation in the body. Avoid using high-fat dairy products that lead to inflammation in the body. A healthy diet and lifestyle modification are highly recommendable to manage cervical symptoms. Have a check on your diet and perform exercise regularly to manage the disease.
Cervical spondylosis is the disease of advancing age. It is usually seen in the age group of 40 to 60 years of age. Women are found to suffer with cervical spondylosis on an average higher rate than compared to men.
There are several etiological factors that contribute to cervical diseases. The most common amongst them is the degenerative factor.
With advancing age, the calcium stores tend to deplete from the body. Thereby making the bones fragile to break or acquire a new shape. The new shape acquired by the bone does not support the posture and movement of the body.
Cervical spondylosis is associated with severe pain, discomfort, and neck stiffness. It limits the movement of the neck and prevents smooth rotation of the head. For some patients, cervical spondylosis causes nausea and vomiting.
To treat the disease, you need to adapt certain changes in your daily habits and improve your life styles.
You should plan your diet according to the need of the body. By following certain diet changes, you can manage the disease from getting worse.
Dietary Changes To Treat Cervical Spondylosis:
- In women, who gave birth to children at some point of life have lower levels of calcium. Since the baby acquires calcium and other minerals from the mother, followed by lactation. It depletes calcium from the body.
- Women should take calcium supplements to normalize their calcium and potassium levels in the body.
- Include dairy products that contain higher calcium content like milk, cheese, buttermilk, ghee, etc.
- Water is essential to survive in a healthy condition. Drink a minimum of 5 to 6 liters of water in a day. Keep the flow going, as it carries endotoxins and waste metabolites from the body thereby keeping the bones in a good condition. A dehydrated body causes muscle cramps, nerve stiffness and impairs proper nerve function.
- Prefer home-cooked food rather than roadside food or processed food. Food prepared at home offers you complete nutrition as it holds nutritional value.
- Consume fresh fruits that help to gain essential nutrients and vitamins necessary for the bones, arteries, and veins.
- Avoid caffeinated products and beverages as they are not beneficial for the human health.
Cervical diseases can be properly managed by having regular medications, a nutritious diet, and balancing an active lifestyle.
It not only reduces the symptoms and sufferings but also improves the quality of life.