Exercises to do in Cervical pain is really important. Cervical symptoms and pain can be managed by taking appropriate treatment of the observed symptoms. Along with the treatment, exercise is mandatory. Exercise helps to reduce the symptoms. It also helps to subside severe pain associated with it.
Top 10 exercises for cervical pain that help to manage neck pain:
First, spare some time every day to perform exercises for neck pain. A minimum of 30 minutes is sufficient to perform exercise regularly. Sit on the floor in a relaxing position and perform The exercise. You can use a yoga mat if you have one. If the exercise is carried out in the open air or fresh air it is highly beneficial. It provides fresh oxygen, relaxes the mind and body. Perform exercise twice a day for better results.
- Sit in a relaxing position and rotate your head so that it moves left to right and vice-versa. Close your eyes and turn your head left to right and right to left. Do it 5 to 10 times.
- Close your eyes and incline your head upwards and then take it downwards. Perform this exercise slow and steadily.
- Rotate your head in a clockwise direction and then in an anti-clockwise direction. Repeat in 8 to 10 times.
- Avoid performing vigorous exercises that aggravate the condition.
- Avoid using the sewing machine as it exerts pressure on the neck region.
- Limit the household chores like brooming or mopping.
- Limit the use of laptops or screens continuously for a long period of time.
- Use a cervical collar to give support to the neck and the cervical region.
- While sleeping, use a specialized cervical pillow that provides support and comfort to the neck region.
- While traveling via local transport, it may aggravate the pain and worsen the condition. Make a habit of traveling with a cervical collar.